Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Reinvent and Recycle #2: How to fade denim

Hey guys and welcome back. Today's video will be another reinvent and recycle tip showing how I fade my overalls. I put my overalls in a bleach bath to get them about three shades lighter. If you have some jeans that you brought and they are too dark or they are an old pair, you can try lightning them to make them into something new or something you would like to wear more often. Try fading your jeans or jackets and let me know how they turn out. I hope you all enjoy this tip and remember, nothing should ever be wasted simply reinvented or recycled.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, today i tried parts of this technique on a pair of shorts i cut from old jeans. They were an extremely deep blue colour, almost navy, and i decided to give them a real vintage look for summer. I left the upper 4/5s of the shorts in a tub of weak bleach and left them over night. In the morning, it was a lovely turquoise blending into the deep blue and i will distress them soon to complete the retro vintage look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. So very glad that you found this technique helpful. You will find that the bleach weakens the material and makes them even easier to distress. If you can, send me a pic of your end results so I can blog about it. Once again, I appreciate you viewing. If you have any request vids. feel free to let me know! Be sure to subscribe !!

      Delete